Wednesday, May 17, 2006

What is Today?

Andrew, in case it isn't obvious, is fascinated with letters and numbers. Well the other night Andrew started playing with his dry erase board (which he loves) and as I watched he was spelling out something pretty familiar. Andrew doesn't write in a line yet, but he can write all of his letters, and what he wrote was MONDAY. Well I thought that was pretty impressive, so we cheered and talked about it. He also wrote a 4, which I didn't initially connect to the Monday.

However, a few minutes later, here he goes writing MAY and 2006(?). Unfortuantely for Andrew, the 6 turned out to be a bit hard for him (we're still working on numbers) and while he said "2" "0" "0" "6", what he actually wrote was 2009. Then he looked at it, and said 2009 and seemed happy with that.

So I looked, and May 4 of this year is not a Monday, but I was ok with that. He has the concept of days of the week tying to months and days of the year, even if he doesn't have a good memory for what day of the month Monday was.

However, I just had to know (because I'm obsessive this way) so I checked and sure enough, May 4 of 2009 is a Monday! Is that bizarre and ironic, or what? :)

It should be noted that the following night Andrew wrote May 5 2006 and got the 6 right. :) Guess his internal clock is a week or two behind. :)

He's also been attempting to write Wednesday, and he currently spells it "WESDAY". Gotta admit, for 4 that's pretty good!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home